Discussion Questions for Will the Search for Extraterrestrial Life
Discussion questions are written responses to targeted questions
that are due in advance of a class discussion (so you may wish to make a copy
for yourself to use during class). These may be hand written, informal notes.
- Research the credentials of the YES and NO authors, including their
educational backgrounds and fields (credentials),
their expertise, and where they are today, and summarize what you found.
- For each "side" in the reading (yes, no), list the most
- Create a Decision Matrix - with one item in each spot:
Best Case Scenario
Worst Case Scenario
- Name at least two
cause/effect (or if/then) relationships that were stated or implied.
- Did you find any logical errors in these articles like distortion of
information, oversimplification or faulty generalization?
- Write down an idea or topic, which arises from these readings, that you
would like to share and/or discuss during our class discussion.